ETSON Award Winner 2019
The ETSON network has decided to annually reward papers written by a team of young scientists from different Technical Safety Organisations (TSOs) and the EUROSAFE members by offering ETSON Awards, to be officially presented and attributed at the next EUROSAFE Forum.
The ETSON Award
The ETSON award amounts to 5,000 € in total, to be shared among the winner(s) or the winning group(s). The best contribution will be honored with 3,000 € and the second-best with 2,000 €.
The five finalists for the ETSON Award will be selected by the ETSON Award Committee, consisting of senior scientists from the EUROSAFE members. The chosen finalist will have to present their papers in short presentations with not more than 4 slides (max.7 minutes). The audience will then make their choice and together with the evaluation from the ETSON Award Committee, the winner (s) will be chosen.
The deadline for sending applications is 15 July 2020.
For further information about the criteria and rules of the ETSON Award, please check the box to the right.
The past ETSON Awards
- M. Dewald (GRS) and co-autors: Radiological Characterization of Hard to Measure Nuclides Using Accelerator Mass Spectrometry (AMS). (1st Place)
- S. Tillmann (GRS), I. Iarmosh (SSTC NRS) T. Weyand (GRS): Comparative Analysis of Modelling Approaches for Safety Assessment of Radioactive Waste Disposal Facilities at Vector Site in Chornobyl Exclusion Zone. (2nd Place)
- S. Bourrous, Y. Alilou, P.-C. Gervais, J. Nuvoli (IRSN): Modelling the performance of filtration devices in case of unexpected release of particles.
- Daniel Cooper, Thomas Blaxall (wood.) : An approach for assessment of External Hazard Combinations
Romain Henry (GRS), Iztok Tiselj (JSI), Luka Snoj (JSI): Neutronics and Thermal-Hydraulics Coupling for Simulations of the Triga Mark II Reactor.
R. Grosseuvres (IRSN, CNRS-ICARE), A. Bleyer (IRSN), L. MAAS (IRSN), M. Povilaitis (LEI), T. Holler (JSI): Temperature Conditions Effect on Hydrogen-Air Flame
- S. BEBJAK, B. Kvizda (VUJE), G. Mayer (MTA-EK), P. Vacha (UJV): Decay Heat Removal studies in Gas Cooled Fast Reactor during accidental condition - demonstrator ALLEGRO
- P. CONSOLE CAMPRINI (ENEA), M. Brovchenko (IRSN): Advanced Techniques for Monte Carlo simulations of ex-core responses supporting safety analysis: damage to Pressure Vessel
- O. KUKHOTSKYI (SSTC NRS), T. Iešmantas (LEI): Methodology for PSA Uncertainty Estimation and Application in Risk-Informed Decision-Making (Winner!)
- L. LOVASZ, S. Weber (GRS): Simulation of asymmetric phenomena during core degradation with the code system AC2
- Y. PÉRIN (GRS): Development of a multi-physics, multi-scale coupled simulation system for LWR safety analysis
- Picture of the Finalists
- Presentation of Participants and Winners (Note: this is not the winning presentation, but a presentations that shows the finalists and the result)
- Abstract_Aleksei Samokhin_Application of the 3D Coupled Code ATHLET_Paper_ETSON Award_SEC NRC GRS.pdf
- Abstract_K. Heckmann_Comparative Analysis of Deterministic_Paper_ETSON Award_VTT GRS.pdf (Winner!)
- Abstract_Peter Pandazis A_Numerical investigation of surface vortex formation_Paper_ETSON Award_Uni Budapest GRS.pdf
- Abstract_S. C. Ceuca_Experimental and Numerical Investigations_Paper_ETSON Award_LEI GRS.pdf
- Abstract_T. Kaliatka_Analysis of BD Basis Accident _Paper_ETSON Award_SSTC NRS.pdf
- Abstract_Vladimir Ivanov_Assessing Reactor Physics Codes Capabilities_Paper_ETSON Award_SEC NRS GRS.pdf